Problem with left menu in web interface

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Aug 24 16:48:51 CEST 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 9:17 AM, Leonardo Carneiro wrote:

>> hmmm... It looks like there's something wrong with the PHP parsing of
>> share/side.php. Did you rename share/side.php to share/side.html
>> perhaps? Is PHP enabled in your web server?
>>

> No, share/side.php still is share/side.php
> PHP is enabled, but apache is not identifying index.php as a directory
> index file. I have to enter http://myhost/nagios/index.php in order to
> access nagios. If i enter just http://myhost/nagios it will try to
> download a .phtml file. I'm not a apache2 expert, but looks like is
> configured properly, with the tags to proper identify index.php
> files as
> a directory index and to parse .phtml files using the php module.

I think your PHP parsing is broken entirely. I don't know what OS
you're using, and you may get better direction from them, but verify
that the php5 module is loaded by apache. As root, run --

/usr/sbin/httpd -M 2>&1  | grep php

You should see --

  php5_module (shared)

If you do not, PHP is not enabled. Make sure that /etc/httpd/conf.d/
php.conf exists and points to your PHP module. My RHEL/CENTOS5 one
looks like --

#
# PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language which attempts to make it
# easy for developers to write dynamically generated webpages.
#

LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so

#
# Cause the PHP interpreter to handle files with a .php extension.
#
AddHandler php5-script .php
AddType text/html .php

#
# Add index.php to the list of files that will be served as directory
#
DirectoryIndex index.php

#
# Uncomment the following line to allow PHP to pretty-print .phps
# files as PHP source code:
#

Marc