nagios host dependencies (strange) issue--it does not works as expected

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Aug 18 20:42:39 CEST 2009

On Aug 18, 2009, at 1:25 PM, arly arly wrote:

> 2009/8/18 Marc Powell <marc at ena.com>

>> Did the *host* status change to critical or just the service status?
>
> Host status changed, when I browse it over web " host detail --->
> host " it is
> represented as DOWN.

The 'firewall' host showed down, right? If that's the case then I
would expect the host dependency to suppress host notifications about
the 'host_behind_firewall'. I don't use dependencies though so there
may be some obscure criteria I don't remember. Again, I think using
the 'parents' directive is probably more appropriate for your stated
purposes.

--
Marc