Private Addreses

craig at hooters-uk.com craig at hooters-uk.com
Wed Apr 29 17:24:33 CEST 2009

Hi all, just a query this time on how I would achieve the following.

We have an site that needs monitoring which has a broadband connection with a single IP address
and 4 servers sitting behind it, 1 running Web, 1 running Mail and 1 running FTP, the other is a
file and print server all Centos boxes.

The firewall has port forwarding for each of the Servers that have web, mail and ftp but the file
server is on a private IP address.

I know I can monitor the web, mail and FTP because of the port forwarding but how do I go about
monitoring the services that I normally check with the nrpe command, do I need to put in a Nagios
server on site, let that do all the checking and then send the results on?

Any guidance would be great, if you can point me to a site/book or other information that I could
look at that would be great, the problem I have at the minute is looking for the correct phrase to
put into Google to get the right results.

Thanks

Craig