nagios-nagvis animated icon sets

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Wed Apr 29 18:14:01 CEST 2009

2009/4/29 Marco Tirado <marco.tirado at gmail.com>:
> Hello users:
>
> We currently use nagios and nagvis for the visualization of the state of our
> monitoring system. Nagvis is an excellent tool and allows us to have many
> different customized views.
>
> However the default iconsets in nagvis for showing host/service status in
> nagvis are difficult to spot in large installations. It would be great if we
> could use animated .gif, in other words, an icon that blinks or moves
> whenever a server has a problem instead of a static icon.
>
> Has anybody done this ??
>
> Any hints ??

I haven't tried it myself.  According to the changelog, from NagVis
1.4rc1 "Background image can now be in jpg, gif or png format (SF.net
1901540)".  I'm not sure if this means the iconset can be .gif too or
not.  I would guess not, but you could easily try it just in case.

See:
  http://docs.nagvis.org/1.4/en_US/changelog.html
for the changelog
and
  http://docs.nagvis.org/1.3/en_US/extending/iconsets.html
for the documentation page on adding custom iconsets.

Cheers,

Jim