Binding Nagios to a single domain

Terry L. Inzauro tinzauro at ha-solutions.net
Mon Apr 27 16:02:37 CEST 2009

vismara at email.it wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Nagios on a machine which has more than one domain; all is
> working fine, but I reach Nagios login form from all domains hosted in the
> machine.
>
> I'd like to set Nagios in the way that it will be accessible only via one
> specified domain (for example testingtools.mydomain.com/nagios) and
> absolutely not from others; it is possibile?
> If yes, how I can make this?
>
> Another question: it is possible to switch Nagios first page (immediately
> after the login) to a specified one (for example the tactical view)?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Best regards!

Assuming you are using Apache 2.x (and i understand you question correctly):

Looks like you have Nagios setup under the "_defaut_" vhost and you need it setup as a separate Apache virtual host with its
own authentication setup.

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/ for information on how to accomplish this. Dedicate the Nagios installation to a
specific virtual host with its own auth and you should be off to the races.

As far as the default view is concerned, I am stumped. You should be able to use Apache mod_rewrite to accomplish if Nagios
doesn't do it natively.

hope this helps.

regards,

_Terry