Antwort: Binding Nagios to a single domain

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Mon Apr 27 16:10:50 CEST 2009

vismara at email.it schrieb am 27.04.2009 15:28:22:

> I have installed Nagios on a machine which has more than one domain; all
is
> working fine, but I reach Nagios login form from all domains hosted in
the
> machine.
>
> I'd like to set Nagios in the way that it will be accessible only via
one
> specified domain (for example testingtools.mydomain.com/nagios) and
> absolutely not from others; it is possibile?
> If yes, how I can make this?

Configure your webserver accordingly.
It's hard to guess how you set it up to serve multiple domains, but
the mechanisms apply when you want to configure the access to nagios.
Most likely you have a /etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf which defines
scripts and aliases. Those are apache-wide defined and not bound to
a special virtualhost. Move the definitions of nagios.conf inside
the virtualhost definition of your choice and nagios will only be
served there.

> Another question: it is possible to switch Nagios first page
(immediately
> after the login) to a specified one (for example the tactical view)?

Yes, use the source luke and edit the index.html.

Regards
        Sascha

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522