problem with check_yum

Seth Simmons ssimmons at cymfony.com
Thu Apr 2 00:06:49 CEST 2009

I'm running nagios 3.0.6 and using check_yum on my red hat/centos boxes.

Today I've had all my centos boxes show yum warnings about needed
updates; found out centos 5.3 was released.

I have one red hat 5.2 box.  The problem is, check_yum within nagios
shows 'o/s is up to date' as of last check (10 min ago).

If I run it manually from the machine, it gives a warning that updates
are needed (verified through yum and rhn).

How can nagios be reporting that yum is ok when it isn't?

Seth Simmons

Systems Administrator

TNS Cymfony

125 Walnut Street, Suite 205