Additional Info in email?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Apr 1 17:05:07 CEST 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 9:13 AM, Andrew Davis wrote:

> Perhaps I need to ask a clarification question... in my
> checkcommands.cfg, should I change $SERVICEOUTPUT$ to
> $LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$ or should I add the $LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$ macro to
> the notify-service-by-email command? I'm thinking that some tests
> will write some data to $SERVICEOUTPUT$, but others can include
> additional info with $LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$, so rather than change
> $SERVICEOUTPUT$ to $LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$, I should add it? Perhaps
> something like this:
>
> Before:
> ~\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$
>
> After:
> ~\n\nInfo:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n
> $LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$

The above is what you need. For clarification --

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/whatsnew.html

# Plugin Output:

     * Multiline plugin output is now supported for host and service
checks. Hooray! The plugin API has been updated to support multiple
lines of output in a manner that retains backward compatability with
older plugins. Additional lines of output (aside from the first line)
are now stored in new $LONGHOSTOUTPUT$ and $LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$ macros.

--
Marc