Additional Info in email?

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:13:28 CEST 2009

Perhaps I need to ask a clarification question... in my
checkcommands.cfg, should I change $SERVICEOUTPUT$ to
$LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$ or should I add the $LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$ macro to the
notify-service-by-email command? I'm thinking that some tests will write
some data to $SERVICEOUTPUT$, but others can include additional info
with $LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$, so rather than change $SERVICEOUTPUT$ to
$LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$, I should add it? Perhaps something like this:

Before:
~\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$

After:
~\n\nInfo:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan