latency problem

Olivier JAN ojan at gfi.fr
Fri Sep 26 11:26:34 CEST 2008

Andreas,

I've just finished the tests :-)
The standard configuration doesn't work for me as i told in previous
message. So i've tried the send_nsca you provide with the module and
it works fine. The only drawback i see (correct me if i'm wrong) is
that the module doesn't send performance data for services (so i can't
use it for now). What is really cool in my case is that the latency
has gone (0.219 sec for now compare to the 5000 sec before). So the
problem is solved.

So, for the moment, i'm using the OCP_daemon to handle the oc[hs]p
commands (and it seems to just work fine) but i would rather use your
module in the long term. The approach is by far more elegant than
using performance configuration for the commands. So if you want to go
ahead and developp it further, i would gladly help you release a
production ready version of it. pnsca would be a must have in large
environments like mine.

Thanks for you kind help and thanks to Hendrik for pointing me in the
right direction.

Olivier Jan