yet another Error 127 issue

Scott Macdonald smacDonald at ask.com
Tue Sep 9 18:21:43 CEST 2008

Thank you very much for the link to the plugin..  but alas it does not
work since I am still getting 127 and no output to the text file..  when
running the script from cli it works fine and generates an output file..
so it would seem to be something deeper then config issues..  here is
some more info

Resource cfg line:
$USER1$=/disk1/nagios/libexec

Command defs:
define command{
        command_name    check_ntp
        command_line    /disk1/nagios/libexec/capture_plugin.pl
$USER1$/check_ntp -H $HOSTADDRESS$
        }
define command{
        command_name    check_ssh
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ssh -t 2 $HOSTADDRESS$
        }

service defs:
define service{
	use			offline-service
	service_description	ssh
	servicegroups		tn-offline
	hostgroups		tn-Offline
	check_command		check_ssh
}
define service{
	use			offline-service
	service_description	ntp
	servicegroups		tn-offline
	hostgroups		tn-Offline
	check_command		check_ntp
}

ls -l:
m1tn:/disk1/nagios/libexec# ls -l check_ssh check_ntp capture_plugin.pl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nagios nagios  1916 Sep  9 15:58 capture_plugin.pl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nagios nagios 83246 Sep  8 19:39 check_ntp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nagios nagios 65799 Sep  8 19:39 check_ssh

snip from nagios log:
[1220976597] Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'ssh' on
host '<REMOVED>' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying
to run actually exists.
[1220976597] Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'ntp' on