yet another Error 127 issue

Carl Friend Carl.Friend at mathworks.com
Wed Sep 10 12:29:18 CEST 2008

   Scott Macdonald asks:

> [1220976597] Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'ssh'
> on host '<REMOVED>' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're
> trying to run actually exists.

   Are your library paths *identical* between the execution environment
and your shell?  I believe I've seen wacky return codes when a plug-in
can't load a shared library; I hit this sort of thing with a MySQL
plug-in and had to explicitly set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the startup
script in /etc/init.d for Nagios.

| Carl Richard Friend (UNIX Sysadmin)     | Natick, Massachusetts, USA |
| Minicomputer Collector / Enthusiast     |                 01760-2098 |
| http://users.rcn.com/crfriend/museum    | ICBM: +42:18:00  -71:21:03 |