yet another Error 127 issue

Murali Edula medula at baytree.com
Tue Sep 9 16:18:13 CEST 2008

Marc,

My problem is similar to this, send_nsca works fine if I run as nagios user.

/usr/local/nagios/bin/send_nsca -H athens.baytree.com -c
/usr/local/nagios/etc/send_nsca.cfg -d "," rome.baytree.com,'Current
Users',0,'USERS OK - 5 users currently logged in'

But, when it runs as nagios daemon its give error code 127.  See the bellow
nagios.log
I am also using same version nagios3.0.3, plugins - 1.4.12 and nsca - 2.7
Please help:

[1220969082] Warning: Attempting to execute the command
"/usr/local/nagios/bin/send_nsca -H athens.baytree.com -c
/usr/local/nagios/etc/send_nsca.cfg -d "," rome.baytree.com,'Current
Users',0,'USERS OK - 5 users currently logged in'" resulted in a return code
of 127.  Make sure the script or binary you are trying to execute actually
exists...

Thank you

Murali Edula
Baytree Associates, Inc.
704.424.9723 ext. 117| 203-809-6725 Cell
13925 Ballantyne Corporate Place Suite 190,
Charlotte, NC 28277-2747
medula at baytree.com | www.baytree.com