cgi restart and manual config change

hiren hir3npatel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:58:39 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I run nagios server 2.9.
within the front end cgi I have configured a host to passive checks
only, I disabled active checks.
I noticed that this was how the host was configured in the host
definition in the config file, I changed the config file and enabled
active checks, hoping a HUP to the nagios server would put it into
effect. after a HUP I checked the front end and noticed that active
checks were still disabled.
from this my question is, what exactly does HUP do for nagios, would it
ignore changes make to hosts via the cgi's even if the config files have
different settings?
I can't find anything in the documentation that specifies what HUP will
and will not do, and searching hasn't been helpful either.
please let me know if I've supplied too little information about this,
or am missing something.
thanks in advance.