3-D Status Map not working

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Sat Oct 4 01:31:04 CEST 2008

<< snipped >>
>> Mark,
>>
>> I'm running 3.0b3, compiled from source about a year ago, just now
>> getting around to trying to use it. I'm sure the only compile time
>> option I used would have been --prefix=/usr. Where can I look for this
>> error? Or should I use a newer version and re-compile or use the Nagios2
>> in the Kubuntu 8.04 repositories?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rick
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Well I'll try to send this out.  I sent a message at 9:30 CDT and it
> is yet to appear. :)
>
> If you have the option, I would suggest to first backup your current
> /usr/local/nagios/* files, then recompile/reinstall with the latest
> Nagios 3.0.3 source and follow the quickstart guides (without using
> the 'make install-config' which overwrites your config files).  This
> would bring you down to it being a problem with your Nagios
> configuration or your system configuration.  Though this is a drastic
> step but a good chance to upgrade.
>
> Is the rest of your interface looking alright?  Have you made any
> changes to the cgi.cfg file (maybe involving web root directory)?  Did
> you try to take away all the url references from you config files?
> (the  'vrml_image', 'icon_image', 'statusmap_image' )  I would need
> more log data to help narrow it down.
>

> Mark Young
> ___
> Nagios Enterprises, LLC
> Web:    www.nagios.com <http://www.nagios.com>

The only config file I have that points to /usr/local/nagios/sbin is the
Apache2 config file for Nagios, nagios.conf. I've included it below...

## Apache2 config file for Nagios

# nagios.conf

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/local/nagios/sbin"

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
#  SSLRequireSSL
   Options ExecCGI
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
#  Order deny,allow
#  Deny from all
#  Allow from 127.0.0.1
   AuthName "Nagios Access"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
   Require valid-user
</Directory>

Alias /nagios "/usr/local/nagios/share"

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
#  SSLRequireSSL
   Options None
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
#  Order deny,allow
#  Deny from all
#  Allow from 127.0.0.1
   AuthName "Nagios Access"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
   Require valid-user
</Directory>

Could this be causing the problem?

Thanks,