3-D Status Map not working

Mark Young myoung at nagios.org
Mon Oct 6 16:54:42 CEST 2008

On Oct 3, 2008, at 6:31 PM, Rick Knight wrote:
> The only config file I have that points to /usr/local/nagios/sbin is
> the Apache2 config file for Nagios, nagios.conf. I've included it
> below...
>
> ## Apache2 config file for Nagios

This looks to be the standard sample config for apache which should
not be a problem.

> What is the next step in trouble shooting this problem?

I believe the clear next step for you is to work on your configuration
files.  I would backup your configuration, stop nagios, install the
sample config files ('make install-config' in the source directory),
then start nagios.  If that fixes the problem I'd look at the cgi.cfg
and nagios.cfg as having some problem settings.  If it does not
work... It could be a number of things including the openvrml plugin
you are using.  A better tracing of the program and looking deeper
into the logs might be required.

The VRML components have largely been unmaintained for a long time.
VRML technology never really took off.  And sadly the 3D map is not as
useful as you may hope. :(  If you are looking to enhanced maps I
would look at the great NagVis (http://www.nagvis.org/) project.  If
you are looking for more enhanced interactive mapping however, you may
have to wait for something coming in the near future. ;)

Mark Young
___
Nagios Enterprises, LLC
Web:    www.nagios.com