Nagios fails pre-launch verification step; "Unexpected token or statement" in command.cfg

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Mar 25 19:41:00 CET 2008

happy?

This is either old Netsaint command syntax or NRPE syntax but definitely
not Nagios syntax. Nagios doesn't understand this. See
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectdefinitions.html#command or
the sample config files distributed with nagios. Also note that the
$OUTPUT$ macro is not valid either. You're probably looking for
$HOSTOUTPUT$ or $SERVICEOUTPUT$
(http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/macros.html).

--
Marc