Nagios fails pre-launch verification step; "Unexpected token or statement" in command.cfg

Robert Dodier robert at infotility.com
Tue Mar 25 21:38:35 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:

> > command[notify-by-email]=/bin/printf "$OUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s
>  > '$SERVICESTATE$ alert for $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$' $CONTACTEMAIL$
>  >
>  > What's wrong with this? What can I do at this point to make Nagios
>  > happy?
>
>  This is either old Netsaint command syntax or NRPE syntax but definitely
>  not Nagios syntax.

Marc, thanks for your reply. It seems that the old format can be
converted by the convertcfg program as mentioned in this message.
http://osdir.com/ml/network.nagios.plugins/2003-06/msg00003.html

After I convert command.cfg, I get some other, different errors,
which I'm wading through now.

It seems like the packaging is a little out of date; I wouldn't expect
the latest & greatest tarball to contain configuration files with the
wrong format. Oh well.

Robert Dodier