Monitoring Connection attempts

Tom Throckmorton throck at duke.edu
Wed Mar 5 14:47:04 CET 2008

On Mar 05 14:22, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> 1) Better use the logmatch option in the net-snmp configuration. It is quite
> undocumented but works like a charm. nagios can read these values with
> check_snmp.
>
> Syntax:

That's a good method, also, if you're just looking for counts of a very general
regex.   I've found this approach useful when I need to watch a log that isn't
already getting fed to the central loghost, or I'm just looking for counters
and not content.

One caveat of logmatch is that some values are reset upon log rotation
(logMatchCurrentCounter) or reading (logMatchCounter) - it's a feature :-D

-tt

--
Tom Throckmorton
OIT - CSI