nagios::plugin perl module for debian

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Jun 2 14:42:01 CEST 2008

Peter Edmonds schrieb:
> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 1:42 AM, Wim De Geeter
> <wim.de-geeter at uni-graz.at> wrote:
>> Thanks, I wanted to know if somesome knew there is a debian package, but
>> seems to be not, so I have to deal with this solution.
>
> Hi Wim,
>
> You could always try building a debian package for Nagios::Plugin
> yourself. There are instructions at http://debian.pkgs.cpan.org to
> build a debian package from a CPAN module that has not already been
> pre-packaged.

Try using dh-make-perl:

odenbach at timberwolf:~$ dh-make-perl --cpan Nagios::Plugin --build

This usually works quite well. It creates debian packages from CPAN
Modules. That way you don't mess up your debian package management.

Christopher

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach
    Zentrum fuer Informations- und Medientechnologien
    Universitaet Paderborn
    Raum N5.122
    odenbach at uni-paderborn.de
    Tel.: +49 5251 60 5315