NagVis Screenshot or Read-Only Maps

Mohr James james.mohr at elaxy.com
Thu Jul 10 07:34:59 CEST 2008

<SNIP>

My boss is not too happy with that solution (I assume you mean not listing them as contacts for the respective services) Everything has to absolutely 100% clean and giving them an error message for is not "clean".

I have been considering a feature request for an upcoming version. As more and more companies are using Nagios in general as well as the various add-ons, there is a growing need for dealing with multiple customers within a single Nagios instance. I would like to see finer control over who can do what. Something as "simple" as a new option "is_admin" for the contact objects that would activate/deactive the Host/Server Commands would be useful.

Things like SLA reporting are needed, as well. There are a couple of companies working on products (commercial as far as I know). However, I am not aware of any that are ready for prime time.

Regards,

Jim Mohr