NagVis Screenshot or Read-Only Maps

Mohr James james.mohr at elaxy.com
Wed Jul 9 20:21:22 CEST 2008

Hi All!

We would like to provide a NagVis map to our customers of the current
state of their services. We have created an httpd-user and give that
user read-only access to the map. The problem is that we do not want
this user to be able to access the services in Nagios because (as far as
I can tell) there is no way to prevent them from running the Service
Commands.

I have found a couple of tools like khtml2png. However, khtml2png seems
to have trouble with Java script, which actually get displayed in the
screenshot.

I was wondering if any anyone had ideas how to get a read-only NagVis
map that updates, but you cannot click the services.

Regards,

Jim Mohr