Nagios HTTPS access

James McCartney bingotailspin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:29:09 CET 2008

I had some issues with the nagios.conf file and SSL too.  I just dumped
it and setup my own config in ssl.conf...

# mv /etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf /etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf.orig

# edit /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf and add:
#Added for Nagios

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/local/nagios/sbin"
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
   Options ExecCGI
   SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>

Alias /nagios "/usr/local/nagios/share"
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
   SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>

#end Nagios

I have mod_rewrite forcing https connections as well.  I use
mod_auth_ldap for authentication, so I removed the user authorization
stuff too.