How to submit passive test results from a script?

Tom Wlodek tomw at bnl.gov
Wed Feb 6 16:16:39 CET 2008

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have a service running on nagios server and I would like to submit
passive test results from a client script.

I see that nagios has an interface to submit those results:

https://my.nagios.com/nagios/cgi-bin/cmd.cgi?
cmd_typ=30&host=my.host.com&service=nagios+test+service&

I go there and I see a form. All it takes is to fill this form and then
clic submit.

So I figured out that if I embed the form fields in URL and then load
the URL then I will effectively submit the form. So I do:

https://my.nagios.com/nagios/cgi-bin/cmd.cgi?
cmd_typ=30&host=my.host.com&service=nagios+test
+service&plugin_state=3&plugin_output=pluginOuttput&performance_data=test&btnSubmit=Commit

I load this page - and nothing happens.

How do you submit passive test results to nagios from scripts?

Tom