NDO and Nagvis Integration

James Devroy jdevroy at toscaltd.com
Tue Feb 5 22:19:51 CET 2008

Hello,

I am having an issue integrating NDO and Nagvis into my Nagios
installation.

I get the following error when I try to view a nagvis map:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL
result resource in
/usr/local/nagios/share/nagvis/nagvis/includes/classes/GlobalBackend-ndo
my.php on line 58

nagiosNotRunning: NDOMy: Nagios not running (Backend ndomy_1)

NDO reports that Nagios is not running

After reading this board and the nagvis website apparently this is not
an unusual error; however, I have taken all the steps that have been
suggested previously and still nothing.  Here is a list of all the
pertinent information I can think of.

System:

CentOS 4.6

MySQL 4.1.20

Nagios 2.9

Nagvis 1.2.2

NDOutils 1.4b7

Troubleshooting sofar:

Ensured nagios.cfg file has

Event_broker_options=-1

Check_external_commands=1

Command_check_interval=10s

Checked ndo2db.cfg and ndomod.cfg for appropriate database settings

Monitoring of /var/log/messages revealed no information in reference to
'ndo' (ie. Cat '/var/log/messages | grep ndo').

I am also getting an error on the same page that says:

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_7ebd84ff779d34acebacc2ad3ad9416a,
O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify
that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown
on line 0

I am not sure what exactly this is saying because it does not reference
a file that I can see, but I have double checked the directory and file
permissions in /usr/local/nagios/share/nagvis and everything seems to be
set appropriately.

I would appreciate any available assistance with this matter, and I look
forward to getting nagvis up and running.

-James