Disable/Enable Service Checks based on Host State

Larry Low llow at telesphere.com
Tue Feb 5 22:01:46 CET 2008

Host A is detected down.  I perform simple ICMP checks for this.  Checking
services for this host is pointless as they are going to fail.  I would
simply like active service checks to be halted until the host recovers.  The
host recovery is handled by the host checks which will run every retry
interval.  There is no need to check services to detect recovery.

To prevent any possible problems with the host not being detected on its
recovery I will simply reschedule checks for all services in 5 minutes from
the recovery.