Only hard status on tactical display?

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Tue Dec 16 16:24:10 CET 2008

My tactical display gets posted on a large monitor in the office which
is visible to all staff.  Since the tactical display shows every soft
warning or critical state, I often get questions about "what's
broken?" when we've merely lost a single UDP packet while testing a
DNS server, or something similarly innocuous.  I'm considering
modifying tac.cgi so that it only displays warning or critical HARD
statuses, and not SOFT. I did a few searches on nagios exchange and
didn't find anything already there... but thought I'd ask to avoid re-
inventing the wheel: has anyone done this before that wants to share
code?

If I don't hear back from anyone I'll go ahead and try to do this
myself.  If successful I'll share the diff back to the list.

Cheers,
  Matt