too much notify

Kun Richárd kun.richard at kirzen.hu
Thu Dec 11 16:39:19 CET 2008

Hi,

I use nagios 3.0.6, mostly with a passive checks. If a service is getting
down, I get notifications every minutes, while the service is down, and the
passive check drop a new result.
I wanted a notification only one, I set the notification_interval to 0.
Any suggestion?

In my services.cfg:

define service{
        name                            passive_service
        active_checks_enabled           0
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        flap_detection_enabled          0
        register                        0
        is_volatile                     1
        check_period                    none
        max_check_attempts              1
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        check_freshness                 0
        contact_groups                  admin
        check_command                   check_dummy!3
        notification_interval           0
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        stalking_options                w,c,u