I got problem with sending messages:(

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Dec 11 16:44:53 CET 2008

On Dec 11, 2008, at 7:52 AM, Витя Борисов wrote:

> Hi there!
> I got problem with sending messages. User nagios is capable of
> sending messages with assigned to him rights without any restrictions.
>
> ns:~ # su - nagios
> nagios at ns:~> /usr/bin/printf "test msg, yo!" | mailx -v -A myisp
> vitya at xxx.yyy

You test with mailx here...

> [1228980610.181461] [032.2] [pid=3041] Raw notification command: /usr/
> bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios *****\n\nNotification Type:
> $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress:
> $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n" | /
> usr/bin/nail -send -A myisp $CONTACTEMAIL$

... but actually use /usr/bin/nail here. Your test is invalid. Did you
mean to use /usr/bin/mailx in your notification command{} instead? Did
you mean to use /usr/bin/nail but with different command-line arguments?

> Finally, message is not received. What's the problem?

/usr/bin/nail doesn't work as you're using it? Nagios has done what
it's supposed to do and handed off the notification to /usr/bin/nail.
Either it doesn't work or your mail logs will contain further
information.

--
Marc