host port setting SOLVED

Viktor Matys v.matys at grumpa.net
Wed Dec 10 14:33:39 CET 2008

Viktor Matys napsal(a):
> I have machine with NRPE server, where I needed change the port number
> where the NRPE listens. It's simply allowed in configuration file. But I
> cannot find out how to set this port number on main Nagios server, which
> collects information from that remote NRPE server. Is there a
> configuration directive I overlooked?
>
> Thank for help
>
> Viktor

Thank to everybody for help. Solution is:

We can put command line parameters in directive "address" in "define
host" statement:

# This is a nrpe remote server definition. NRPE is listening on port 5667.
# Tested on Debian Lenny.
define host {
    host_name    some_host
    host_alias   some_alias
    *address      host.domain.com -p 5667*
}

Thank again :o)

Viktor

--
Tato zprava byla prohledana na vyskyt viru
a nebezpecneho obsahu antivirovym systemem