problem with timeperiod configuration

Dan McManus mothbitten1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 00:45:31 CET 2008

Notifications aren't sent to a group if a particular line is active in my timeperiods.cfg file:

define timeperiod{
        name            weekdays
        timeperiod_name weekdays
        alias           Normal Day Coverage
        monday          06:00-18:00
        tuesday         06:00-18:00
        wednesday       06:00-18:00
        thursday        06:00-18:00
        friday          06:00-18:00
        }

define timeperiod{
        name                    holidays
        timeperiod_name         holidays
        alias                   U.S. Holidays

        # holidays
        january 1               00:00-24:00     ; New Years
        2010-12-31              00:00-24:00     ; New years is on a Saturday
        2012-01-02              00:00-24:00     ; New years is on a Sunday
        monday 3 january        00:00-24:00     ; MLK day
        monday 3 february       00:00-24:00     ; President's Day
# fine to here
        monday -1 may           00:00-24:00     ; Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
<snip>

define timeperiod{
        timeperiod_name         tier1-daytime
        use                     weekdays        ; Include weekdays
        exclude                 holidays        ; Exclude holiday dates/times defined elsewhere
        }

When I have "monday -1 may..." commented out, it works fine, but if not, it doesn't. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong somehow? This is on both 3.03 and 3.06.

Thanks

Dan