Issue with Contacts and Notifications

Beau Walker bwalker at sharefax.org
Tue Apr 29 20:04:51 CEST 2008

I forgot to mention, this is Nagios 3.0.1 on Ubuntu 8.0.4 Jeos edition.
(Ran under vmware server, not that it should matter)

My nagios.cfg is still pretty stock. It still has the following lines it
it, which are the files I've been editing.
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/contacts.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/templates.cfg

In templates.cfg, I changed the windows-server host definition from
Contact_groups	admins
Contact_groups	itdept

And in contacts.cfg, I have contacts nagiosadmin and beau-cell. I also
added this section:

define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       itdept
        alias                   IT Department Email Only
        members                 beau-cell
        }

Windows.cfg host definition

define host{
        use             windows-server  ; Inherit default values from a
template
        host_name       1it4    ; The name we're giving to this host
        alias           Beau's Computer ; A longer name associated with
the host
        address         X.X.X.140      ; IP address of the host
        #contact_groups itdept !!!tried with and without!!!
        }

Also, is this the output you were looking for?

Checking contacts...
        Checked 4 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
        Checked 2 contact groups.

Regarding ls output

/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nagios nagios 10812 2008-04-28 17:18 templates.cfg

All of my configs have the same perms and owners.

Ps output:

nagios   15559     1  0 10:40 ?        00:00:04
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg