Hosts w/o services

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Apr 16 20:38:51 CEST 2008

Nagios is a service monitoring application and everything is developed
with that in mind. Every host is expected to have at least one service
associated with it. Being able to effectively monitor hosts without
services is new in Nagios-3 and is considered an 'optional' and not a
core feature. The effects you're seeing are the result of that
expectation. For example, clicking on the hostname link from hostgroup
overview takes you to a list of services on that host. It would be nice
if it did something different in your case but it's not there and you
should understand that your use case is the exception, not the norm. I
have heard nothing about that behavior changing in the future.

--
Marc