Hosts w/o services

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Wed Apr 16 21:11:08 CEST 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 10:21 AM, Paul Weaver wrote:
> You can use check_ping -- I assume the boxes are pingable, and you
> want
> to check they are pingable, even if they do nothing else that can be
> monitored.
>
> If you don't want to check they work via ping, why are you even
> modelling them?

I AM checking them via ping- in the host check. It just doesn't make
sense to be pinging both as a service check and as a host check, and
since the ping is actually determining the host state, not the state
of a service, it makes more sense to put the ping check as the host
check, rather than a separate service.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.