Problem with Event Handler {Disarmed} {Fraud?}

Miguel Angel ing.miguel.angel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 20:57:49 CEST 2008

Hi again list!

The jobs named exactly like Nagios:

In Nagios (bigger.cfg)

# 'scliente' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host

        host_name               scliente
        alias                   scliente - Desktop
        address                 192.168.101.14
        parents                 vs1-dhcp
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        check_period            24x7
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     workhours
        notification_options    d,u,r
        event_handler           launch-bacula-jobs
        contact_groups          desktop-admins
        }

In Bacula (bacula-dir.conf):

JobDefs {
  Name = "scliente"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = scliente-fd
  FileSet = "MyDocs"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = Inc-Pool
  Priority = 10
}

When I launch a backup from console for client "scliente", I use:
$ echo "run scliente yes" | bconsole

When I execute "tail -f /var/log/nagios/nagios.log" in console, show this:
[1207936526] HOST EVENT HANDLER: scliente;DOWN;SOFT;1;launch-bacula-jobs
[1207936526] HOST ALERT: scliente;UP;SOFT;2;PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA
= 2.41 ms

The route of Event handler is:  "/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/eventhandlers"
$ ls -lt
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 568 abr 10 20:00 launch-bacula-jobs

Please help!

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 2:17 AM, Arno Lehmann <al at its-lehmann.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 11.04.2008 07:24, Marc Powell wrote:
> > On Apr 10, 2008, at 9:44 PM, Miguel Angel wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> First of all, I would like to apologize for my english.
> >>
> >> I need your help, I'm trying to configure Nagios (version 2.5) for
> >> launch backups with Bacula
> >
> >>         UP)
> >>                 echo "The host is UP. Start backup to $1"
> >>                 echo "run $1 yes" | bconsole
> >>                 ;;
> >>
> > Educated guess - bconsole isn't in the environment path when nagios
> > executes the event handler. You can expect to have a minimal
> > environment and should specify full paths to files and programs. Also
> > make sure that the nagios user can successfully run that command.
>
> Also, it's much safer to pass the configuration file to use to
> bsonsole. So you should end up with something like "/sbin/bconsole -c
> /etc/bacula/bconsole.conf"
>
> Things might even be more comlicated.
>
> Your $1 in the event handler script holds the host name as defined in
> Nagios. That is not necessarily the name of any Bacula job.
>
> Of course you could define the jobs with the plain host name, but for
> reasons of manageability and flexibility I usually recommend a
> different naming scheme for the jobs.
>
> For example, on host sample with Bacula file daemon sample-fd you
> might have the jobs Sample-root Sample-home and Sample-data. For many
> Bacula installations, you soon discover that you need several jobs to
> take different needs regarding retention times, storage pools, or
> special backup procedures into account.
>
> As long as you really only need one job named exactly like the Nagios
> host name, your setup is ok, though.
>
> Arno
>
> > --
> > Marc
>
> --
> Arno Lehmann
> IT-Service Lehmann
> www.its-lehmann.de

> reporting any issue.

Atentamente,

Miguel Angel Moreno Bolaños

Usuario Linux registrado No. 391784
http://counter.li.org

"El amor es un dolor entre pecho y espalda,
que sabe a papas fritas sin salsa de tomate!"

Att: Nous