Problem with Event Handler {Disarmed} {Fraud?}

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Fri Apr 11 17:02:15 CEST 2008

Hello,

please, reply to the list or I might send an invoice ;-)

Of course, others might profit from the archives, too.

11.04.2008 14:53, Miguel Angel wrote:
> maybe the Nagios user no have permisions to execute "bconsole"???
>

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Miguel Angel
> <ing.miguel.angel at gmail.com <mailto:ing.miguel.angel at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Arno,  :)
>
>     The jobs named exactly like Nagios:

Good. As long as it works for you that's ok, of course.

>     In Nagios (bigger.cfg)
>     When I launch a backup from console for client "scliente", I use:
>     $ echo "run scliente yes" | bconsole

Well, keep in mind what Marc pointed out - the environment Nagios uses
to execute scripts is seriously stripped down.

>     Arno, in the "Event Log" in Nagios, appear this:
>     [04-10-2008 21:55:42] Warning: Attempting to execute the command
>     "/eventhandlers/launch-bacula-jobs registros DOWN HARD" resulted in
>     a return code of 127. Make sure the script or binary you are trying
>     to execute actually exists...

I'm rather sure you won't find the /eventhandlers/launch-bacula-jobs
existing and executale by nagios.

Use a fully qualified path for the command and have the script be
owned and executable by the nagios user. The directories leading to it
should also be r-x for nagios.

So, do a 'ls -l /eventhandlers/launch-bacula-jobs' and see if it's
usable by Nagios.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann