Nagios External Commands

Gavin Williams Gavin.Williams at card.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 10:28:38 CEST 2008

HI there,

I'm having some issues with Nagios External commands.

Basically, they're not working.

I've compiled Nagios with cmdgroup=nagcmd, added Nagios and apache users
to the nagcmd group.

I can see the commands being written to Nagios.cmd in /opt/nagio/var/rw/
however they don't go anywhere from there...

The relevant lines in my Nagios.cfg file looks like this:

check_external_commands=1

command_check_interval=30s

command_file=/opt/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd

downtime_file=/opt/nagios/var/downtime.dat

comment_file=/opt/nagios/var/comments.dat

The permissions on the folder look like this:

drwxrwsr-x  2 nagios nagcmd 4096 Apr  2 16:42 .

-rw-r--r--  1 apache nagcmd  249 Apr  2 16:45 nagios.cmd

Any ideas what it could be?

Cheers

Gavin

Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?
Security System - http://www.messagelabs.com.