Web Access : Can't Login

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Wed Oct 24 19:27:34 CEST 2007

Best Regards,

Mark L. Potter
Systems Engineer
Academy Sports & Outdoors
1800 N. Mason Rd
Katy, Texas 77449
Office: 281-646-5857
Cell: 281-734-6965

nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 10/24/2007 11:24:07
AM:

> ALL --
>
> Newbie here :
>
> Running Nagios 3.0B5 on Fedora Core 6 :
>
> Everything has been working fine, even able to get a 2003 server
monitored.

> However, now, whenever I go to access the content of the nagios site (
> http://localhost/nagios or remotely on my workstation), I get a
> username/password prompt and none of the users including root or
> nagios can get into the site :
> Authorization Required
> This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the
> document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g.,
> bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the
> credentials required.
>
> Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora) Server at 192.168.0.129 Port 80
> The linux firewall is 'off' and 'selinux' is disabled.
>
> What happened ?  What'd I do ?  What should I do ?
>
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated ; I don't want to
> necessarily have to start from scratch.
>
> Best,
>
> V.
> reporting any issue.

It sounds like you have not properly setup your htaccess and htpasswd
authentication. This can be found in the documentation here:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/installweb.html

and here:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/cgiauth.html

Nagios does not come with a user already setup. You will have to follow
those docs to setup authenticated users.