Web Access : Can't Login

vt dude2007 vtdude2007 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 18:24:07 CEST 2007

ALL --

  Newbie here :

  Running Nagios 3.0B5 on Fedora Core 6 :

  Everything has been working fine, even able to get a 2003 server monitored.

  However, now, whenever I go to access the content of the nagios site (http://localhost/nagios or remotely on my workstation), I get a username/password prompt and none of the users including root or nagios can get into the site :
  Authorization Required  This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

    Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora) Server at 192.168.0.129 Port 80
  The linux firewall is 'off' and 'selinux' is disabled.

  What happened ?  What'd I do ?  What should I do ?

  Any advice would be greatly appreciated ; I don't want to necessarily have to start from scratch.

  Best,

  V.

http://mail.yahoo.com