Additional chcon command for Nagios install

Mike Hanby mhanby at uab.edu
Wed Oct 24 16:57:42 CEST 2007

Howdy,

I found on my system (RHEL4 with SELINUX enforcing) that I was unable to
"Acknowledge this service problem" with an error:

"Error: could not stat() command file
/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd"

dmesg on the system would report:

"audit(1193232913.522:2): avc:  denied  { getattr } for  pid=9125
comm="cmd.cgi" name="nagios.cmd" dev=dm-0 ino=17121801
scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_sys_script_t
tcontext=user_u:object_r:usr_t tclass=fifo_file"

Executing the following resolved the issue:

chcon -R -t httpd_sys_script_rw_t /usr/local/nagios/var/rw/

Would it be possible to add this to the v3 manual with the chcon for
sbin and share (page 313)?

Thanks (is there a Bugzilla or other tracker we can use to submit
documentation requests / bugs?

Mike