check_ping changed to check_fping

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Oct 18 08:24:50 CEST 2007

Marc Hultquist wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Ok I seem to have solved my previous problem with the check_ping stuff,
> it seems that by slightly increasing the threshhold as well as changing
> the flags slightly.
>
> Now here's the thing, I have now changed to use check_fping in terms of
> monitoring, for example one of my services being hosted is as follows:
> define service{
>         use                     generic-service ;
>         host_name               cksdialup;
>         service_description     PING            ;
>         check_command           check_fping!200.0,20%!600.0,60%  ;
>         normal_check_interval   5;
>         retry_check_interval    1;
>         }
>
> Now thats all good and well, but if I then go check on my dashboard for
> service problems, I still see it being checked with ping and not fping,
> would or could this be my browser still not refreshing the cookies or is
> it possible that nagios for some or other reason is still monitoring the
> services with check_ping ? The thing is in the templates file I have
> changed the following:
>
> define command{
>         command_name    check_ping
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_fping $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c
> $ARG2$ -n 5
>         }
>
> So if anyone would care to tell me what else I should be looking at to
> check ? I have up until now checked everything possible, or so I think
> so I am really at a dead end....

You *did* restart Nagios, didn't you? If so, make sure you don't have
two versions of Nagios running at the same time.

If that's not the issue, then go check the loaded config from the CGI's,
by following the "View config" link in your menu. It'll show you what
config Nagios thinks it has loaded, and might tell you what's going on.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se