check_ping changed to check_fping

Marc Hultquist marc at e-destiny.co.za
Thu Oct 18 10:18:03 CEST 2007

Hi All

Ok I seem to have solved my previous problem with the check_ping stuff,
it seems that by slightly increasing the threshhold as well as changing
the flags slightly.

Now here's the thing, I have now changed to use check_fping in terms of
monitoring, for example one of my services being hosted is as follows:
define service{
        use                     generic-service ;
        host_name               cksdialup;
        service_description     PING            ;
        check_command           check_fping!200.0,20%!600.0,60%  ;
        normal_check_interval   5;
        retry_check_interval    1;
        }

Now thats all good and well, but if I then go check on my dashboard for
service problems, I still see it being checked with ping and not fping,
would or could this be my browser still not refreshing the cookies or is
it possible that nagios for some or other reason is still monitoring the
services with check_ping ? The thing is in the templates file I have
changed the following:

define command{
        command_name    check_ping
        command_line    $USER1$/check_fping $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c
$ARG2$ -n 5
        }

So if anyone would care to tell me what else I should be looking at to
check ? I have up until now checked everything possible, or so I think
so I am really at a dead end....

Kind Regards
--
 Marc Hultquist
 Destiny Electronic Commerce (Pty) Ltd
 E-Mail: marc at e-destiny.co.za
 Web: http://www.e-destiny.co.za

 "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but
when there is nothing left to take away !"