Timeouts for send_nsca program

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Oct 9 17:48:51 CEST 2007

Something is causing a delay when your submit_check_result.sh script
presumably attempts to use send_nsca to send a small bit of data to
another host. Can you replicate it from the command line? You should be
able to.

> As far as I can tell there is no configuration to
> increase the timeout limit (can it be increased by installing from

ocsp_timeout in nagios.cfg.

> source ?), but perhaps the message indicates another problem (network
?)

Probably. If it's close to the documented submit_check_result, it's
sending only a small bit of data and should only take a fraction of a
second. I can use it to send data to two hosts in 0.011s. Maybe network
problems or load on either end are causing a delay in the data
transmission.

--
Marc