Timeouts for send_nsca program

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) J.F.Wheeler at rl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 17:24:15 CEST 2007

In /var/log/nagios/nagios.log on (at least) one of my slave servers, I
am seeing messages like:

[1191905959] Warning: OCSP command
'/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/tier1/submit_check_result.sh "HOST"
"SERVICE_CHECK" OK "MESSAGE" for service "SERVICE NAME" on host "HOST"
timed out after 5 seconds

There have been 712 occurrences today (so far).  Can anyone offer an
explanation ?  As far as I can tell there is no configuration to
increase the timeout limit (can it be increased by installing from
source ?), but perhaps the message indicates another problem (network ?)

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory