Switching to passive checks instead of activeones?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Oct 5 18:12:26 CEST 2007

4 nagios boxen sending results all 4000 results to two other nagios
boxen using the documented Distributed Monitoring. There's really no
difference between what you're proposing and what we're doing other than
the program executing the plugin and calling send_nsca.  My implication
was that there aren't any inherent problems in using nsca/send_nsca.
You'll have to do work to run your plugins and get their output/exit
codes to send_nsca but it'll work fine from there.

--
Marc