Switching to passive checks instead of active ones?

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Fri Oct 5 17:49:05 CEST 2007

HI Marc,

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Marc Powell wrote:

> [...]

    Are most of your 4000 uses made up of hosts sending results to your two
Nagios boxes, or the two Nagios boxes cross-sending results to
one-another?

    Are you wrapping your checks to be able to use plugins as-is, or do you
have plugins which directly call send_nsca?

    Last but not least, how do you trigger your checks on your hosts, in
cron?

    Thanks for taking the time to reply,

Ivan.