nc_net service not stopping properly

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 03:24:41 CEST 2007

Hi Roger,

I am guessing you are running an older version of NC_NEt, Check its version
number. CLIENTVERISON command via check_nt. the current is v4.1a availible
on sourceforge.http://sourceforge.net/projects/nc-net

There was a potential Hang in older versions of  NC_Net when writing Events
to the application log  was unavailible, but thia should not hold up a
Shutdown.

"End Process Tree" from Task Manager usually shuts NC_Net down quickly. but
as you experienced not in this case.

The only STOPPING issue I experienced was durring development when testing
new code, But I never experienced this issue in production.

If you find you are on an older version,
upgrade, (read the new Startup.cfg and new documention if you are not using
default setting.

Tony (Author of NC_Net)