nc_net service not stopping properly

Roger Roger at NagiosWiki.com
Thu Oct 4 01:02:35 CEST 2007

Does anyone else here experience problems with the NC_net service
hanging on Windows servers?

I installed it on my Exchange server, and for whatever reason, the
service is taking forever (like two hours) to stop.  Since this server
is in production, I can't simply reboot it.

I killed the nagios service (/etc/init.d/nagios stop), thinking that
the checks might have something to do with it not stopping, but that
didn't see to do anything, and the service in Windows still says
"stopping".

I tried to kill it from the command line (net stop nc_net stop /y),
but that did nothing.  I looked in EventID's application log (thinking
nc_net might have entered some error), but couldn't find anything
NC_net related there.

Any suggestions?

--
"Nagios, it's what's for breakfast!"
http://www.NagiosWiki.com

Email me personally:
mailto:Roger at NagiosWiki.com?subject=NagiosWiki

http://del.icio.us/RogerRustad/nagios
http://del.icio.us/rss/RogerRustad/nagios