service/host escallations with additional groups

Richard Mohr rfmohr at osc.edu
Tue Oct 2 23:23:34 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 11:29 -0700, Scott Brynen wrote:

> I'm trying to define some service/host escallations that add an additional
> user to the first notification, however, the additive operator doesn't seem
> to work
>
> define hostescalation{
>        hostgroup_name          *
>        first_notification      1
>        last_notification       1
>        contact_groups          +servicedesk
> }
> (on the first notification, send a note to the servicedesk IN ADDITION to
> the normal.)

The contact_groups value in a host escalation replaces the
contact_groups value from the host definition.  To accomplish what you
want, you need to set contact_groups to be
"<original_group>,servicedesk".  Of course, you are using a wildcard for
the hostgroup_name, so you would probably need a separate escalation for
each hostgroup since they may have different original contact groups.

--
Rick Mohr
Systems Developer