Tivoli TSM Checks via NRPE

Patrick M. patrickm at garlic.com
Wed Oct 3 02:34:34 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I went to Nagios Exchange and downloaded the tsm checks so I can use
them on our Tivoli Storage Manager server via NRPE.  I'm running into an
issue here, as I think the script wasn't intended to be used on any
other host than localhost.

The reason I say this is because it appears when I run it locally
compared to running it via NRPE, I get different results.  For example:

On localhost:

localhost:/usr/local/nagios/libexec #
./tsm_disk_pool.sh                             tsm_disk info OK |
pct_util(BACKUPPOOL)=36.0;;;; pct_migr(BACKUPPOOL)=36.0;;;;
pct_util(LARGEDISK)=74.7;;;; pct_migr(LARGEDISK)=74.7;;;;

On our Nagios Server:
nagios:/etc/nagios/libexec# ./check_nrpe -H oahu.garlic.com -c tsm_disk_pool
tsm_disk info OK |

Is there an alternative as to how I can run the scripts?  If not, does
anyone know how I can modify these scripts to be run properly?  Anyone
have any experience with these scripts?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick